some startling statistics regarding online local search.
- 97% of Internet users in the U.S. gather shopping information online, and of those consumers
- 51% explicitly characterize their behavior as “Shop Online, Purchase Offline” (NPD Group)
- Research by The Kelsey Group and ConStat Indicates 70% of U.S. Households Now Use the Internet When Shopping Locally for Products and Services.
- The Kelsey Group reports that 74 percent of Internet users perform local searches.
- For every one dollar U.S. consumers spend online, another five or six are going to offline purchases that are influenced by online research (MIT Technology Review, April 2005, “E-Commerce Gets Smarter”) 35% of ALL searches are “local” (DM News)
Still think you can afford to not be online?